Saturday 23 January 2016

Banana Nice Cream

Getting good marks back on a uni subject is the best feeling! I am really challenged by this course content, let alone studying with a family. To be doing as well as I am deserves a celebration. Pity it's storming and late, and we are saving $'s again after a week away.

What makes these marks mean even more important to me is the fact that I have been struggling- for far too long-with a lower than healthy self esteem. When a subject is challenging, requires multiple readings, at times complex referencing,  to be making sound, consistent progress even on sometimes limited study is the best encouragement.

I want to be a skilled writer. 

I want to step into my dreams.

I want to finish what I set out to do.

I also want to start viewing myself in a healthier light.

Sometimes, I'm down on myself for being too eccentric, too different. I don't see the world the way everyone else does. In fact, I dislike the status quo. I desire change, and truly want to have a voice and make a genuine difference, even if only a ripple to begin with.

Perhaps that's why I struggle? Struggle can create empathy. It's also the perfect fuel for motivation. What sculpted gym body was achieved through passive exercise? The same applies to every area of life. The struggle to overcome any barrier or weakness creates strength.

So, what does this have to do with Banana Nice Cream? Fair question! It means, that when I am having a bad day and feel like sugar, or celebrating a good uni result, I'm going to treat myself to something nourishing and sweet. 

And not feel guilty.

It's ok to nurture myself too, even by giving into my cravings at times. As long as I make sure these cravings aren't packaged trans fat/ sugar overload bombs, I have no need to feel guilty. Real food comes first. Always. And if I indulge in the latter- forgive myself, then exercise like crazy!

Here is my simple, quick, healthy dessert, sugar hit, treat, reward...call it what you will...

BERRY NICE CREAM

ingredients

1 frozen banana
1 heaped teaspoon natural (no added salt/sugar) peanut butter
1 tbs coconut water

method
  • partially defrost banana (if unpeeled) to remove skin
  • throw it in a small blender (or use a stick blender)
  • add the peanut butter and coconut water.
  • blitz.
  • add a little more coconut water if mix is too thick.
  • Serve immediately- topped with berries or as it is.
Enjoy!



This is my new fave sugar hit!
I found the berries added a nice tang, as did the tiny hint of mint.
Delish!

There you have it, yet another post with a tempting treat. I hope this has inspired you to freeze those too ripe bananas.

And once again, that is your lot for now. Until next time, thanks for reading :)












 

No comments:

Post a Comment